Welcome to the Counselor-In-Training (CIT) section of the Summer Fun Program of MLEDP.
Below you will find all the necessary information and forms that must be filled out in order to participate as a CIT in the Summer Fun Program.
CIT's will be scheduled to volunteer for a few hours, several days a week based on availability. MLEDP staff will guide each CIT. As a CIT you will receive Fire Safety Training, Basic First Aid Review and preparation for the development of the age you will work with.
At the end of the summer, documentation of your volunteer hours will be provided to you and to your school for your records, which will help you fulfill you volunteer community service requirement.
The CIT program is overseen by the Asst. Executive Director & Summer Program Director: Dawn Chrestay
Goals and Outcomes CIT's Might Expect
- To build relationships
- Provide role models for the children
- Provide opportunities for taking initiative
- Making peer influences positive
- Tapping the desire to make commitments
- Provide safe opportunities for risk taking
- Provide positive support and encouragement
- Encourage responsibility
- Increase participation by older children
- Have additional trained eyes, ears, and hands in the program operation
- Show the ability to work with children and staff
- Display outstanding character
- Increase the older child's self-confidence, tolerance, ability to set goals, problem solve, and decision making abilities